IVF stands for in vitro fertilization and is a type of assisted reproductive technology (ART). It entails the removal of eggs from a woman’s ovaries and fertilisation with sperm. An embryo is a fertilized egg that has been fertilised. The embryo may then be frozen or transferred to a woman’s uterus for storage.IVF can be used in a variety of way best IVF specialist doctor in Delhi,will figure out what is the best possible way for you depending on your situation.
Importance of Vitro Fertilization Performed
IVF aids people who are trying to conceive a child but are unable to do so due to infertility. Since IVF is expensive and invasive, many couples try other fertility treatments first. Taking fertility drugs or having intrauterine insemination are two examples. A best IVF specialist doctor in Delhi will inject sperm directly into a woman’s uterus during this operation.
Infertility problems that might necessitate IVF include:
- Women over the age of 40 have lower fertility
- Fallopian tubes that are blocked or destroyed
- ovarian activity is impaired
- uterine fibroids
- male infertility, such as low sperm count or abnormalities in sperm shape
- unexplained infertility
Parents may seek help from the best doctor for infertility treatment in Delhi if they are concerned about passing on a genetic disorder to their children. The embryos can be tested for genetic abnormalities in a medical lab. With the help of best doctor for infertility treatment in Delhi, only implants embryos that are free of genetic defects.
Process of Vitro Fertilization
IVF is broken down into five steps:
- Stimulation:- During each menstrual cycle, a woman usually produces one egg. IVF, on the other hand, necessitates the use of numerous eggs. The chances of producing a viable embryo are increased when several eggs are used. Fertility drugs will be given to you to help your body grow more eggs. During this time, your doctor will conduct routine blood tests and ultrasounds to track egg development and notify you when they are ready.
- Egg Retrieval:- Follicular aspiration is the term for egg extraction. It’s an anesthetic-assisted surgical technique. A needle will be guided through your vaginal canal, through your ovary, and through an egg-containing follicle using an ultrasound wand. Each follicle will be suctioned for eggs and fluid with the needle.
- Insemination:- The male partner will now be required to provide a sample of sperm. In a petri dish, a technician will mix the sperm with the eggs. If that fails to produce embryos, your doctor can opt for ICSI.
- Embryo Culture:- Your doctor will keep an eye on the fertilised eggs and make sure they’re dividing and growing properly. At this stage, the embryos will be tested for genetic disorders.
- Transfer :-Embryos may be inserted until they are large enough. Three to five days after fertilisation, this happens. A thin tube called a catheter is inserted through your vagina, through your cervix, and through your uterus during the procedure. The embryo is then implanted into your uterus by your doctor.
Rick during the IVF treatment
Some women may have reactions to the medications that are given during treatment.
The possible side effects of IVF drugs include:
- nausea and vomiting
- difficulty breathing
- hot flashes
- enlargement of the ovaries
- difficulty sleeping
- abdominal pain
IVF treatment cost with best IVF specialist doctor in Delhi
Infertility can be handled in a variety of ways. The costs of each intervention or procedure are measured individually and separately. Infertility tests will range in price from INR.500 for a simple thyroid test to INR.140,000 for a standard, no-frills single IVF treatment cycle.
- IUI (Intrauterine Insemination):When a woman is ovulating, the sperm is implanted in her uterus that cost around : Rs.10,000 – Rs.20,000
- IVF (In-Vitro Fertilization): Rs.70,000 – Rs.300,000
- ICSI (Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection):Where a single sperm is injected into the egg and the egg is fertilised outside of the body in the lab the cost will be around : Rs.70,000 – Rs.300,000
- Use Of Donor Sperm: Rs.10,000 – Rs.15,000 + (Cost Of ICSI)
- Use Of Donor Egg: Rs.35,000 – Rs.50,000 + (Cost Of ICSI)
- Use Of Donor Embryo: Rs.45,000 – Rs.80,000
- Cost Of FET (Frozen Embryo Transfer): Rs.40,000 – Rs.60,000
- Laser assisted hatching of the embryo for boosting implantation: Rs.18,000 – Rs.25,000
- Blastocyst Culture and Transfer – Where the embryo is cultured in a lab for 5/6 days, post egg retrieval and ICSI, enabling the best embryo to be chosen: Rs.18,000 – Rs.30,000
- Hysteroscopy – To determine the causes of infertility and/or presence of abnormalities: Rs.12,000 – Rs.25,000
- Laparoscopy – : Rs. 25,000 – Rs.1,25,000
- TESA (Testicular Sperm Retrieval): Rs.18,000 – Rs.25,000
Questions to ask before IVF Treatment
When IVF treatment is suggested, the procedure may seem daunting. Patients are likely to have questions about IVF, such as how to plan, what will be expected of them, and so on, but when it comes time to start, more specific questions are 100% relevant.
1.Is there anything about my diagnosis that could negatively impact IVF success?
2.If I have unexplained infertility, is IUI or IVF best?
3.Am I a candidate for “Mini IVF” or “Natural IVF”?
4.What are my options for embryos that won’t be used?
5.How many eggs will you try to retrieve?
6.Will you use a 3-day or 5-day transfer?
7.Are my embryos, eggs, and / sperm stored onsite or at another location?
8.Should my embryos be frozen prior to transfer?
9.Do I need PGD or PGS?
10.How long is the IVF process expected to take from start to finish?
About the best IVF specialist doctor in Delhi
The best IVF specialist doctor in Delhi is Dr. Sowjanya Aggarwal. Dr. Sowjanya Aggarwal is one of Delhi’s most well-known and respected best IVF specialist doctor in Delhi. At Dr. Sowjanya Aggarwalc, she has one goal: to help you build the family of your dreams.Every day, our family (including our physicians, nurses, and team) collaborates with you and your family to accomplish this goal. The primary goal of our infertility clinics is to provide comprehensive infertility care[fertility treatment before delivery].Years of practise, the best and top IVF doctors in Delhi, and the most cutting-edge reproductive technology, as well as a treatment plan customised to your unique needs, are all available to you in the field of infertility.