Intrauterine insemination (IUI) is a simple procedure that places sperm directly inside your uterus, allowing healthy sperm to approach your egg more quickly. IUI (intrauterine insemination) is a type of artificial insemination used to treat infertility. About the time your ovary releases one or more eggs to be fertilised, washed and concentrated sperm is deposited directly in your uterus. The aim of intrauterine insemination is for the sperm to swim into the fallopian tube and fertilise an egg waiting to be fertilised, resulting in a healthy pregnancy this can be done only under iui specialist Delhi. IUI can be combined with the regular cycle or with fertility drugs, depending on the cause of infertility.
Why IUI is done
The desire of a couple to become pregnant is influenced by a variety of factors. The best doctor for ivf in Delhi can help you in figuring out these factors. In most cases, intrauterine insemination is used in couples that have:
- Sperm from a donor. IUI is the most popular method for achieving pregnancy in women who need to use donor sperm. Frozen donor sperm specimens are collected from accredited laboratories and thawed prior to IUI.
- IUI is often used in conjunction with ovulation-inducing drugs as a first-line treatment for unexplained infertility.
- Infertility caused by endometriosis. The first treatment approach for infertility caused by endometriosis is to use medications to produce a good-quality egg, followed by IUI.
- Your partner’s sperm analysis, which is one of the first steps in the medical evaluation of infertility, can reveal low sperm concentration, sperm motility, or sperm size and shape abnormalities (morphology). Since preparing sperm for IUI helps distinguish highly motile, regular sperm from those of lower quality, it can help solve some of these issues.
- Infertility caused by ovulation complications, such as an absence of ovulation or a decreased number of eggs, may also be treated with IUI.
- A woman’s allergy to proteins in her partner’s sperm is extremely rare. When sperm enters the vaginal canal, it induces redness, burning, and swelling where it comes into contact with the skin. A condom not only protects you from the effects, but it also keeps you from being pregnant. Since many of the proteins in sperm are extracted before the sperm is injected, IUI may be useful if your sensitivity is severe.
What are the risks in IuI
Following the IUI treatment, there is a minor chance of infection. Infection is very unlikely and the doctor would use sterile instruments.
There is a chance of multiple pregnancy if drugs are used to cause ovulation. Since fertility medications increase the chances of more than one egg being produced, they also increase the chances of multiple pregnancy. To avoid too many eggs from forming, your doctor will attempt to control the amount and type of medicine you’re taking, as well as bloodwork and ultrasound testing.
When the ovaries overreact to fertility drugs (especially those provided as injections), a disorder known as ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome develops. It’s possible that a large number of eggs will mature at the same time and then be released. A swollen ovary, fluid accumulation in the belly, and cramping are all possible outcomes. Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome can cause fluid accumulation in the chest and abdomen, kidney complications, blood clots, and ovarian twisting in extremely rare cases.
Risk in IUI
If you’re on fertility medication for IUI and you’re experiencing some of the symptoms mentioned below, call your doctor right away.
- dizziness or light-headedness
- sudden weight gain of more than 5 pounds
- shortness of breath
- nausea and vomiting
- severe abdominal or pelvic pain
- sudden increase in abdominal size
What’s the success rate like
IUI can have a different effect on each couple, and success can be difficult to predict. The outcome is influenced by a variety of factors, including:
- underlying infertility diagnosis
- whether fertility drugs are used
- other underlying fertility concerns
The likelihood of conceiving after IUI varies depending on the reasons for seeking fertility care. Women over the age of 40 and women who have not gotten pregnant after three cycles of IUI have lower success rates with IUI.
How much IUI cost in Delhi
In India, the cost of IUI is not prohibitively expensive, with a single IUI loop costing just Rs.3000. And if you have a successful pregnancy after only one period of treatment, you can expect to spend about Rs.10000 on testing and ultrasound scans before starting the IUI procedure.
About the best doctor for ivf in delhi
The decision to have a child is both monumental and strong. It’s a decision that encourages you to commit your mind, body, and heart to an encounter. And it’s their tiniest toes that leave the deepest impressions on our souls. Dr Sowjany Aaggarwal best ivf doctor in Delhi she has grown into leading ivf dr in Delhi and helping many parents to achieve their dream to have a child.