Infertility has acted like a curse to many people around the world. Thanks to the advanced technology today, that has answered the pleas of the people.
I am talking about the budding of IVF treatment here…
What is IVF?
IVF or in vitro fertilization is a process where the fertilization of egg and sperm takes place outside the body and nurtures the developing embryo for a while. The embryo in sometime is then transferred to the mother’s uterus, where the embryo further develops as part of the average pregnancy.
When is an IVF treatment recommended?
- In cases of fertility for advanced parental age
- Damaged fallopian tube. This occurrence in a female obstructs the fertilization of the egg, also provides hindrance in the path of the embryo in reaching the uterus
- Endometriosis- outgrowths of the uterine tissues from the uterus
- Benign tumors formed in the wall of the uterus
- Loss of normal ovarian function
- Inability in the production of sperms
- Ovulation disorder
- Genetic disorder
- Nonfunctional uterus
Complications of the mother in sustaining the embryo in the uterus-
A receptive uterus is one where the embryo has appropriate surroundings for its further growth and development. The necessity feature has to comprise a thick endometrial lining of at least more than 7mm. The survival of the embryo can be at stake if the mother has a thin uterine lining. All the more, during an IVF treatment, a mandated step is to inject the mother with progesterone to prevent the more delicate lining. But, unfortunately, in some cases, the lining is not thick enough to sustain the embryo, thus, leading to a miscarriage.
The reasons for a thin endometrial lining-
- Lack of blood flow to the uterus can be a cause primarily by inappropriate nutrition
- Uterine fibroids are the benign growths of tissue that are present inside your uterus. Getting them removed is a must before planning pregnancy
- Endometriosis- an outgrowth of tissue outside the uterus. This may cause a hurdle in the implantation of the embryo.
- Traumatic or injured uterus
- Low estrogen levels
- Inadequate nutrition
All these reasons may succumb to a miscarriage. Thus, a doctor’s job is to take extra care to avoid these conditions and work to develop a thicker endometrial lining. Before getting pregnant, our suggestion to the patient is to take care of this issue. We doctors also subject the patient to antibiotics in cases of endometriosis. A symptomatic treatment plan is observed to mitigate the above problems and help in a ‘happy and healthy pregnant phase.’
Sign/Symptoms pointing to a thin lining of the uterus-
- Excruciating period cramps
- Abnormal periods
- Prolonged periods
- Non-periodic bleeding
- Trouble in carrying the foetus
Women dealing with a thin endometrial lining can suffer for a long time, maybe from the first peek of occurrence of periods. Doctors undergo few tests to judge the potency of the carrier mother.
How to increase endometrial thickness for ivf-
- Proper intake of a healthy diet may provide the body with the appropriate nutrition to build up the thickness of the uterine lining. Food rich in protein should be given to the women trying to conceive. Green leafy vegetables provide you with all the minerals needed to fight shedding of the uterine wall. Also, take ample amount of fats and avocado to gain the desired result
- Keeping the uterus warm is one of the steps taken to go closer to ‘that 1mm increase inside your belly.’ Pre-eminent footstep to it is taken by keeping your abdomen warm with a heating pad, also keep your feet warm. Make yourself cozy, cuddle and sleep in that favourite warm blanket of yours and sip into hot chocolate or any warm beverages. Keeping away from cold food is a must in order to build up your lining
- As there is inadequate blood supply to the uterine wall. It should be taken into consideration to go for a long brisk walk, doing mild to moderate exercises to allow the flow of blood into your uterus, and thus, helping in the thickening of the endometrial lining
- With the progression of the IVF treatment, acupuncture should be crept into the daily routine. This is an excellent method to increase the blood flow to the body.
- Take estrogen to overcome the low estrogen levels in the body
- To increase the pregnancy rate, one must lower down the intake of doses of aspirin. Also, allergic medication treatment may provide an obstruction to the blood flow. Stop the use of it, in case you have been taking such medicines.
- Massage is a great and relaxing way to give that extra push to your blood level. Anxiety and overthinking are familiar companions in such treatments. Getting a massage can act as a stress buster
- Take restricted intakes of caffeine and nicotine
- Correct supplements can surely boost up the lining of your uterus. Vitamin E, vitamin D, L arginine will give your body the much-needed effect
Nevertheless, any such setbacks that can cause the hindrance from attaining the ‘joy of bundle’ can be executed with proper care and routine. Doctors provide you with the best of suggestions and treatment to undergo this phase with much ease. All you need to do is come to us and share your complications, if any, to prevent any such mishap. Getting to be parents is a great boon! If you have been dealing with any issues, then my reference to you would be to get a consultation done. You can visit the best IVF doctors in Noida or best IVF centre in Ghaziabad, to take care of your IVF needs.